1.19.2011

Waterproof Candy Filled Vase Tutorial

I always love when people make flower arrangements and fill the vases with interesting objects.  Unfortunately, if you use a filler that isn't waterproof, you have to use fake flowers.  Or do you?


Here is how you can do this with water and real flowers.


First get a vase, a smaller vase or glass that will fit inside the larger one, and enough filler.  


Place the smaller glass inside the larger one, centering it the best you can.


Then pour your filler in between the large and small vases.


Now you can put your flowers in the center... water and all.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! now, how do I keep my kids from eating it?? :) What a great idea!!

Unknown said...

i just did a post about you :) love this idea!

Katie said...

i heart this. i'm doing it.

Lori said...

This is really cute (I almost said sweet, lol). I LOVE it, but like Angela I am sure we'll have the fun task of keeping everyone's hands out of it! Mine own included! ~Lori

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Great thinking!! Very fabulous!

Lori said...

You can see my other comment, but now I want to tell you that I did it! I gave you a shout-out and I wanted to let you know that I did.

Funny: before I put the flowers into it, I had it on the coffee table and one of my dogs kept licking the top of the vase - getting the candy stuck on his tongue, lol. This is so cute and it was so simple. Thank you! ~Lori